Tuesday 28 July 2015

Thai Style Pork Burgers with Avocado Cream

So once again, I've been a bad blogger, having not posted anything in 2 weeks. Where did the time go?! I have no idea. And I resolve to do better. I made these last night for some buddies and they went down well so I thought I'd stick them up here.

Pork mince isn't something I've cooked with very much in the past. I think I always assumed it to be a bit bland and uninspiring but these spicy little burgers are neither of those things.

I am all about convenience and, though I always buy free range chicken I don't always look for a higher welfare standard in terms of pork and other meat. If it's there, I will buy it but I'm not sure where apart from Marks and Spencer carries such a range?Eating non- welfare standard meat does play on my mind to some degree......but I guess not enough to make me stop buying it for the moment. In any case, this was just standard mince from Lidl and very nice it was too.

We ate these in iceberg lettuce leaf 'wraps' with some carrot and pepper salad, for a tasty,  quick weeknight dinner.



Ingredients

Burgers

500g pork mince
2tbs chopped coriander
2tbs chopped parsley
2tbs thai red curry paste
3-4 spring onions, chopped
dash soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 tsp black pepper
1tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chilli flakes
1tsp onion powder
150g mushrooms chopped
1tbs olive oil

Avocado cream

2 large ripe avocados
pinch salt
juice of 1 juicy lime

To make:

Fry the mushrooms in the oil until browned and any excess liquid is rendered out. Allow to cool.

Mix all other ingredients together until well combined using a fork if you're squeamish like me or your hands if not for a better mix. Mix in the cooled mushroom mixture.

Form into small patties(I used about 1tbs of mixture for each), flash fry in a pan to brown and cook through in a preheated oven.

To make the avocado cream, whizz the three ingredients in a blender just before serving (or it will go manky and brown).

Eat




No comments:

Post a Comment